Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Countdown til Takeoff


Its about one month before I leave and I really cant wait to get on the road. Waiting around here is really taking its tole. It is very lonely in this town nowadays and I don't even have a job to keep me busy. Ive been working some odd jobs to give me something to do so if you need your lawn mowed please let me know. I could really use anything to help kill time before my grad party and then the family vacation in July.
I recently bought the motorcycle that will take me on the first leg of my trip (hopefully not the only leg). I got a 1983 Honda 750. Thats right, its a year older than ME! Motorcycles are much simplier machines than cars, they age much slower. It does have some minor wear and tear: the right signal wont stay illuminated (still blinks when I need it to), there is a small dent in the gas can and a few very small rust spots. After a fluid change and a wash it was running and looking great until I accidentally drained the battery. I tried to start it while I had it hooked up to a charger and now my meters wont light up. Oh well, I got a great price (practically stole it) and with a little work it will be ready for the long open road.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Gavin, when you leave, keep the updates frequent and grossly fraudulent when doing so will increase your story's ability to keep the reader interested. Basically I want to hear some bad-ass tales of Gavin's Journey.

Anonymous said...

Well I've never ridden a motorcycle out west, but I have taken the train and driven out there numerous times (most of the time having to roll into a gas station bc there are so few out there). It may be a long trip, but it's a good one, and there are so many places and sites worth seeing. Enjoy! ~SB