Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Day In the Life...

7:00am - Wake up in cold, concrete room that costs $2

7:15 - finally get out of bed and to get to bus station

7:45 - Tuk-tuk drops me off at bus station

8:45 - 8:00 bus finally leaves and I realize I could have slept in for another hour

8:45 to 11:30 - ride old, beat up bus through bumpy, winding roads through the mountains. Watch local puke as a result. Start conversations with westerners on bus... conclude that they are lame and stop talking to them

11:30 - stop at village for lunch. Sit down and ask for standard pork noodle soup. Eat soup and decide that the meat tasted a bit wierd. While leaving restaurant notice two ground hog sized rats in a cage on display. Realize what I just ate.

12:00 - more winding roads. A Local pukes from motion sickness.

6:00 - Arrive at town. Decide I want to leave town as soon as possible

7:00 - Find guesthouse and take warm shower.

8:00 - Eat at local market stand. Locals giggle. Look for jacket but all are too small.

8:45 - Get on internet to research next destination. Trade english books with Loas girl learning english. Loas girl rips me off.

9:00 - Get indigestion and go back to guest house. Forced to use traditional squat toilet.

9:45 - Have beers with lame Americans. They get drunk and obnoxious. Local gets angry and yells at them. I ditch the lame Americans. Feel much shame.

10:30- Go to bed in a cold, concrete room

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh..........the good life. why would you ever come back to the USA

Anonymous said...

sounds like oh-so-much fun.....

SB

Unknown said...

just glad your still alive...rats are probably bad for you.