I have been excited to come to Boston ever since I started planning this trip. This entire time I have been traveling I have seen other countries' ancient history. Now, its time to see my own country's. I saw Old Ironsides, the old assembly hall, Christ Church (the church where Paul Revere put the lanterns) and Samuel Adams Brewery. Ok, that last one isn't so historic. Old Revolutionary War sites were everywhere and it was fantastic. Its hard to find old things in America. It is such a new country that everything is new compared to Europe. In Boston, you can find all of the old building styles and historic sites that really give you an appreciation for how your country got its start.
I was lucky to find out that my hosts were a group of 5 people that lived in a large house. A great environment for lots of fun. Its always easy to find live music in this city and we sampled from reggae and folk. The party I was really looking forward too was the St. Patrick's day parade in Southie. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see much of the parade. We took too much time drinking before we got there. St. Pat's also marks my eighth month anniversary of traveling. Its been a long road and I'm almost home

No comments:
Post a Comment