Thursday, June 7, 2007

Who the Heck is Gavin?

My Name is Gavin McDonald. I'm 22 years old and I live in a Chicago suburb. In May of 2007 I graduated from Illinois State University with majors in economics and finance. While at ISU, I was also involved in an organization called College Mentors for Kids. I mentored at risk 4th graders in an effort to get them motivated to pursue a college education. In the photo is one of my little buddies named Kameron. I explored areas for future careers such as environmental studies, financial planning, economic development and even the Marine Corps. My interests have come to rest on environmental business and economic redevelopment. Before I go on to pursue a career I am going to use this gap of time between college and real life to take a little trip. After living a dismal junior and senior year at college I knew it was time to take a trip to shake off all the heebie jeebies from double majoring.

Other things about me:
I am a bit of a health nut. I really like to work out and eat well. I enjoy the being outdoors, snowboarding, outrunning my dog, political humor and arguing morals. I’m also addicted to Chap Stick and dark beer. I hate dancing… a lot. I live with my brother and step father.

Facebook me

4 comments:

Mr. Tierney said...

Hey Gavin,

This is Jake Tierney, Nate's twin. How the hell are ya. I love you pictures man! I hope everything is going well and that you are having so great times...and maybe a few hard times. I pray for your safety and that you meet people that touch your life. This is the first time I have looked at your webpage. (kind a late) But I will continue to check and see where you are. All the best bro!

Anonymous said...

Gavin, it's been a while man. Sorry I never got around to leaving a message. Hope the journey is going well. Rat and dog doesn't taste bad, does it? Remember, people in these countries don't see many Americans, you are a God to them. Take it easy man, stay out of trouble and I will email more later.

Noggs

Anonymous said...

Hey Gavin, this is Nate Noel. I just found your website and have been looking at it...rock on! I'm glad you're having a blast traveling..I know you always wanted to do that. Hope all is well. Stay safe!
-Nate Noel

Anonymous said...

Hey Gavin!! It's been so long since we've even talked, but i haven't forgot about you! I just ran into your webpage today...all i have to say is AWESOME!! I'm so jealous of you, traveling out of the countr! I'm glad you made it back into the States safely... Hope to see you around sometime!!!