Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Back to the States!




I'M BACK IN THE STATES!!! Its a damn fine feeling to be back in The States after having to deal with a constant, ever changing culture shock for six months.

My flight landed in JFK airport and I was greeted by my little brother, Collin and my Step-dad, Al. Even though my "little" brother is 20 I still think he grew while I was gone... I think he is about 6'3" or so now. We all set out into the New York City night to find a few things I had been missing about the states: Mexican food and cheap, easy women. Nah I'm kidding, I only missed Mexican food.

We spent the day walking Manhatten to see the sights. We saw Wall Street, the Statue of Liberty, homeless people and Ground Zero. After all that walking we got pretty Hungry and Al only saw one way to properly congratulate me on coming back to the U.S., and that was by feeding me a steak. Actually thats his remedy for just about anything. "Lost your job? Lets get a steak in ya. Got promoted at work? Steak time. Feeling under the weather? Not enough steak, thats why."

We topped off the family weekend by roadtripping to Boston and catching the Bruins game. There were two fights 14 seconds into the game. Boston was still down by 1 after the second half of the last period so we left figuring they would loose. They scored two after we left, I'm sure the place went nuts. They flew back home to their jobs and such and left me by the subway station, back to my vagabond lifestyle.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Merrill-Lynch?

DriftinE46 said...

Hey, welcome back to the states dude.